Ask the Expert
∙ Quality Assurance and QAPP Development for Federal Programs and DoD QSM
Quality Compliance Director
Mr. Penfold is the Quality Compliance Director for TestAmerica. He has more than 40 years of experience in environmental analysis and radiochemistry. He is responsible for QA oversight at TestAmerica laboratories, monitoring and communicating DoD requirements, and developing corporate tools for ensuring and improving compliance.
The NELAC Institute (TNI) Radiochemistry Expert Committee member
- “Causal Effect Management”, DOE Analytical Service Program Workshop, Ashville, NC, September 2013.
- “The New World of Optical ICP Analysis”, DOE Analytical Service Program Workshop, Pleasanton, CA, September 2011.
- “Incremental Sampling & 8330B for Explosive Residues at Two Military Ranges – Analytical Considerations”, E2S2-NDIA Symposium, Denver, CO, June 2010.
- “LC/MS and the New Energetics Method 8330B”, EPA/DoD National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC), Washington, D.C., August, 2008.
- “Innovative Analyses and Emerging Contaminants,” AFCEE Technology Transfer Workshop, San Antonio, TX, March 2008.
- “A Comparison Study for Energetic Residues in Soil by HPLC/MS and HPLC/UV,” co-presentation with Alan Hewitt (USACE ERDC-CRREL),Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) Symposium, Washington, D.C., December 2007.
- “DoD QSM Laboratory Implementation”, Louisville Chemistry Conference, Louisville, KY, June 2007.
- “Novel LC/MS/MS and IC/MS/MS Methods for Definitive Identification of Perchlorate in Environmental Samples”, presented at the Pittcon 2004 Meeting, Chicago, IL, February, 2004
- “Low-Level Perchlorate Analysis in Water by Improved IC and LC/MS/MS”, presented at the 18th Annual Waste Testing and Quality Assurance Symposium, Arlington, VA, August, 2003.
- “The New Role for LC/MS in Explosives Investigations”, presented at the 17th Annual Waste Testing and Quality Assurance Symposium, Arlington, VA, August, 2001.